You don’t need to have ArcInfo to convert .e00 import files to coverages if you have ArcView installed. Instructions are for Windows OS.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: One minute
- Go to the Windows start menu (bottom left hand corner) and go to the folder where your ArcView shortcuts are installed. For example:
Programs –> ArcView –> Import71
- This will bring up a GUI. In the Export Filename box you will need to indicate the pathname of the .e00 file you want to import. Click the Browse button and navigate to the directory where the file is located.
- Now you will need to indicate where you want to import the coverage to. Click the Browse button next to the Output Data Source box and navigate to the directory you want the coverage located.
- Click the OK button to start the import process. Depending on the size of the coverage and your computer, this can take anywhere from less than a second to several minutes.
- Once the import is done, a window will pop-up with a message that the import was sucessful.
- Open up ArcView. Click the Add Theme button, navigate to the directory and load in the feature type of the newly import coverage.
- Once imported, coverages are hard to move so pick the right directory from the start.