After using ArcView 3x you’ve probably noticed the directory defaults. You can easily change the default temp directory, the first directory ArcView 3x looks in to load themes and more by using the steps below.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 1 minute
- To change the default directory of a project (*.apr) file go to a view and select File –> Set Working Directory… In the pop-up GUI type in the new default directory pathname.
- Another way to set the working directory is to go to Project –> Properties. In the Project Properties GUI type the new working directory pathname in the Working Directory box.
- To change the starting directory for adding files right-click on the ArcView icon. Click on the Shortcut tab. Type in the new default directory pathname in the start in: box.
- To change the default temp directory for all future projects for Windows 95/98 go to the Start –> Run option. In the popup box enter Sysedit and hit enter. Then under the Autoexec.bat window type: SET HOME=<directory pathname>
- To change the default temp directory for all future projects for Windows NT go to the Start->Settings->ControlPanel->System and click on the “ENVIRONMENT” tab. Type in the new default directory pathname you want.