- RFP for Consultant Services for a GIS Assessment
- Staff Engineer II | Meridian, ID
- Geospatial Applications Developer | College Park, MD
- Senior Dev Analyst (GIS) | Tulsa, OK
- Validation Engineer | Irving, TX
- Geospatial Services Manager | Columbia, MO
- Senior GIS Developer | Grafton, WI
- UX and UI Designers
As Women in GIS (WiGIS) moves to become a nonprofit organization, it is seeking feedback from women who are either working in GIS or seeking to start a career in GIS to provide input.
A practice exam for the GISP certification has been release which contains 50 questions broken down in the six knowledge categories.
The use of GIS and website mapping applications can bring in a new and interesting feature to an artist’s portfolio.
The use of geospatial technologies is increasingly being used in a variety of fields. GIS is being used in many different industries and the skills required to be a successful GIS professional have evolved over the years. Below are recommendations on building a strong background in preparation for a career in GIS based on what the majority of employers are looking for. However, keep in mind you will find a wide variety of work and educational backgrounds among those working in GIS jobs.