URISA has just released the second edition of Model GIS Job Descriptions as an eBook. The first edition was published back in 2000 and was written by William Huxhold, a professor in the School of Architecture and Urban Planning at the University of Wisconsin. The new edition contains updated geospatial industry job descriptions aimed at answering the following questions:
- How do you write up job descriptions to staff your GIS department?
- What is the typical hierarchy of positions within a GIS department?
- What are the essential job functions, education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required at each level?
The audience of the publication is aimed at GIS managers and HR staff who need job description guidelines for hiring GIS professionals.
The book is authored by J. Allison Butler, GISP, AICP who is the CIP (Capital Improvement Program) manager for the City of Ocoee, Florida. Butler is currently the President of URISA and has also been a past-president of the GIS Certification Institute.
Model GIS Job Descriptions is available in ePub format and can be read using compatible eReader programs on iOS and Android devices. Unfortunately, a Kindle compatible format is not available.
- Model GIS Job Descriptions – 2nd Edition
- Author: J. Allison Butler
- Published by: URISA
- ISBN #: 978-0-916848-24-8
- Price (in US Dollars): $49 for URISA Members, $69 for non-members
- Format: ePub (electronic publication)