- 2017 GITA Scholarship Opportunities
- LizardTech Releases MrSID Generation 4 Decode SDK Version 9.5.4
- Luminent Provides Cost Effective Solutions for PHMSA Pipeline Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- EuroGeographics enhances open data for 2017
- CartoConsult Pioneers GIS Innovation to Tackle Traffic Congestion
- Bluesky Announces New Online Flood Risk Map of the UK
- ArcGIS Solution Provider and Esri Business Partner, GEO Jobe, Launches GIS Knowledge Base
- AddressBase Toolkit for MapInfo Released by Aligned Assets
- K2 Geospatial launches the latest version of its map-based integration platform JMap
- OpenWeatherMap to Startup Grind’s 2017 Global Startup Program
Entrepreneurship success is often driven by important spatial patterns, particularly in relation to labor concentration, knowledge, and investment opportunities. GIS can reveal spatial approaches to making decisions on where to invest.
GIS has now provided new avenues of research that has helped physical anthropologists better understand how different hominid species evolve to different environments.
Spatial understanding achieved through the use of GIS can be a critical component for understanding where and how investments may occur for given markets.
Location has a large impact for the insurance industry, as a variety of natural or even social risks, such as crime, could affect insurance rates for life and property.