Esri has announced that the 2020 Esri International User Conference will be held as a virtual event. For the first time since the User Conference was first held forty years ago, the largest annual gathering of GIS professionals will occur online.
What Will a Virtual Esri UC Look Like?
In an email sent out on behalf of Jack Dangermond, president of Esri, he states, “While we can’t replicate the experience of being together in person, we will do our best to create an amazing event that will continue to move you and our community forward. One of the benefits of going with a virtual format will be that organizations will be able to send an unlimited number of attendees.”
Details about the format of the virtual Esri User Conference will be addressed in the Esri UC FAQs and will follow the following specifics:
- The event will take place July 13–15, 2020.
- The Plenary Session, technical workshops and Esri Showcase will be virtual, featuring many demonstrations and live discussions during the conference.
- There will be many opportunities for networking, collaboration and real-time interaction with Esri experts and staff.
- User presentations and the Map Gallery will be featured digitally.
- A library of recorded sessions and demos will be created and kept available as an ongoing resource.
- Registration will be complimentary for all Esri customers who are current on their maintenance or subscription.
Fill Out the Esri UC Survey
Users can contribute suggestions and ideas by filling out this survey before April 29, 2020.