If you’re looking for a native Mac OS mapping software then try Cartographica for Mac OS X. Version 1.2.2. was recently released and is available for a 30-day tryout period. Some of the features:
Cartographica has a rich feature set:
• Support for a huge number of import formats, including popular Raster formats
• Manual editing and georeferencing
• Automatic geocoding
• Integration with online mapping
• Output to large-format printers
Subset of new features in version 1.2.2:
• Ability to add Live Maps to the background of your data, using either Bing™ Maps or OpenStreetMap.
• Substantially improved geocoding, including support for the Bing geocoder as well as enhanced support for local geocoding data.
• Further expansion of file import options, added new layout features, and now include additional export capabilities