GIS Lounge welcomes contributing authors who wish to publish quality, GIS / geospatial original content to GISLounge.com. Contact Caitlin Dempsey Morais at email@example.com with your article proposal. Articles can be on a range of topics relating to GIS, mapping, cartography and geospatial technologies. Articles about geography may be submitted for publication on Geolounge.com.
Articles published in GIS Lounge qualify for points as part of the Contribution to the Profession section in the GISP application.
Submissions accepted include articles, technical papers, tutorials, geographic concept papers, and other GIS content. Do you have a GIS project you’d like to showcase? GIS Lounge is looking to profile real world examples of geospatial technologies and analysis at work. This could be a map you created, a web mapping application, a field mapping project, or a write up about using open source GIS. Do you have a tutorial, technical how to, or content on GIS trends or technology? Original (not previously published) content will be published upon review and notification of acceptance. Please avoid the use of superlatives (e.g. this software is the best!) in your article.
To submit an article, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A write-up between 300 and 600 words.
- Images or screenshots to help illustrate the topic of your article.
- A statement by you, in the body of the email, that the work you are submitting is your original work, that you have the rights to the imagery submitted, and that you give permission to GIS Lounge to publish both the submitted content and imagery.
Submit job postings via email here. To submit your job, email the job title, location and description in either the body of the email or as an attachment (preferably as a text document). Visit http://gislounge.com/jobs/ to see the current list of job posts. Jobs are free to post. Jobs submitted without specific information for applications will be listed with the contact information of the sender.
GIS in Imagery Series
GIS related photos can be submitted for consideration for the GIS in Imagery series.
The “GIS in Imagery” series aims to highlight activities in the geospatial field around the world. If you have a GIS related photograph or series of photos that you would like to submit to be considered for this series, the guidelines are:
- Email your photo in either JPEG or PNG format to email@example.com with the subject line “GIS in Imagery”. Clearly stated within the body of the email that this is your photo and that you are providing GIS Lounge with the rights to publish it.
- Within the body of the email, please supply a 200-500 word description of the photo(s).
- Include information about the date of the photo, where it was taken, and photo credits.
Some examples of GIS in Imagery posts:
Is your favorite GIS link missing from this site? Submit suggestions for web sites to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant geospatial press releases are published on GeospatialPR.com and are tweeted to @geospatialnews. To have your geospatial press release published, you must submit it via http://geospatialpr.com/submit-gis-news/. To make your PR more appealing to the geospatial audience, make sure your title is well crafted and add keywords to the bottom of the press release.
Additionally, geospatial companies are invited to submit original, never before published content to GIS Lounge for consideration in the main section of GIS Lounge. Those articles should follow the guidelines of the submission process listed at the top of this page.